Monday, January 3, 2011

He's just not that...right for you.

Today's Quote:

"sometimes, a person is 95% right for you, but the 5% they're missing is critically important. or, the person is 95% wrong for you, but they have 5% of something you can't live without."

Ah, the wisdom of my friends. I'm sitting here being sad right now, thinking about the one boy I thought I had finally locked down, the one boy in three years I thought really actually truly liked me. But, then I realized as it all came crumbling down on New Years Eve that he's just not right for me. Which sucks. But, it happens I guess.

He's pretty great. I really dig him. I miss him. I wish I could call him right now and invite him over and spend all night cuddling and having amazing sex. However, there's 5% of him that's just not right for me and it's kind of a crucial part.

He's a workaholic. He can't separate people from business, love from networking, etc, etc, etc. I know he really digs me too, but I'm just not willing to be pushed aside for work. My career is extremely important to me right now and it's crucial at this stage that I remain focused, but there is such a thing as balance. He couldn't balance.

As seen on New Years Eve, when I was so excited to spend the evening with him, he finally had a night off work and what did he do at the party we went to? Spent the entire time mingling with everyone but me...networking...talking business. Sure we kissed at midnight but five minutes later? I had no idea where he was.

I deserve better. Don't settle for 95% right...you're worth 110%!

No comments:

Post a Comment